Many critics can write but cannot read.
— Ludwig Marcuse
Couples Therapy Group/Workshop:
8 week workshop- offered once a week.
Group Therapy for couples that are looking to improve their relationship, to improve their communication styles and to increase safety and intimacy in their relationships.
- To provide a safe and therapeutic environment group for couples to explore their relationship and learn about healthy patterns of interactions.
- To strengthen and improve communication skills among attending partners.
- To encourage self-awareness about self and others in relationships.
- To encourage listening and communication skills that increase feelings of support, safetyand intimacy.
- To encourage healing and emotionally intimacy among participating couples.
- To encourage forgiveness and release of past hurts, and disappointments.
- To encourage the renewal of love, commitment and new beginnings.
- Must complete phone consultation with Mona Balla to discuss interest in couples group therapy and determine appropriateness.
- Couple (participants) cannot be in crisis.
- Must be willing to commit to 8 sessions of group therapy.
- Must be willing to commit to confidentiality of group therapy process and must agree to sign waiver formalizing this agreement of confidentiality.